Friday, December 5, 2008

HAPPY SABBATH!

I survived today. It was parent teacher conferences, the mother of all parent teacher conferences, they came to pick up their kids grades. It was scary at first because expecting parents to be angry when they saw that their kids didn't do as well as they assumed they would. That's the bad thing about assuming... if you never come to check on your child, then how can you possibly expect everything to be ok? I dunno. Anyway, everything went very well actually, I had to change a few grades because of errors made in the computer, but other than that, things were fine. I used more spanish than I normally do so i was pretty proud of myself. haha. MI MADRE VIENE! I can't wait! She's leaving tomorrow so all of you should pray for her safe travels. We have one more week of school, in which I will be cramming as much information into them as I can! We have the Christmas concert/program on Thursday night so basically all of thursday is going to be spent practicing. This week was super fun because the seven of us missionaries drew each other's names and did secret santa. I had Heidi. let me tell you how difficult it is to surprise someone who you spend every waking hour with (minus school hours). We live within 5 feet of each other. But it was super fun, we all surprised each other everyday this week with random gifts, or food, or notes. It once again is so nice to have them. What would I do without them? Bethani had me and I got zambos (chips made from fried plantains), ketchup (YUM), granola bars, fruit roll up, popcorn, and a wonderful frosty with oreos. It was like America had come to me! Basically that's all I have to say right now... Happy Sabbath everyone! Keep us in your prayers as we finish out this next week. Christmas is coming!

1 comment:

Kristopher Loewen said...

have fun with mom; just talked with her - her flight got delayed and she's still in ww.
Sounds like she's bringing you an entire blockbuster dvd library; enjoy!
love you