Wednesday, November 26, 2008

THANKSGIVING!


Hello all, I realized that it has been forever since I last posted anything on here. These last two weeks have been so crazy! Getting our grades done, making sure all the kids have taken their "recuperation" tests... which is pretty lame I might say. THe kids don't have to pass and they know that they don't have to do their homework because they have a test at the end of the partial that can make up for all of their test scores from the whole partial. It's pretty dumb. But anyway, so I have been very busy getting all my grades done, and then, on top of that, I lost my flash drive. Which contained all my grades and such. Not to worry, I already did them again! =)
So now, here I am, stuffed full of food, and writing a blog. We just got back from the Military base. We got to eat thanksgiving there! it was SOOO GOOD! There were mountains of food! I was feeling a little low about not being home for thanksgiving, but this is my home for right now. I can't believe I have been here for so long! It's feels like It has FLOWN by! I don't know where the time has gone. I am so happy to be here. My kids are way better than when I first began and I feel like I have things under control. Except for random kid outbursts. Today I had to send 3 kids to Ms. Norma (the Vice principal) I couldn't even teach they were going so crazy! But not to worry, as soon as they returned they were perfect angels! Isn't that the way it always works once you get in trouble? They don't celebrate thanksgiving here but at our school they kind of do because there are so many of us Americans that they let us out early today so we could go to the base and eat. The kids had a party today before we left too. My parents brought Chinese rice and cake and pop! They do parties here like you won't believe! That's one thing I've definitely gotten used too! =)
These pictures are randomly placed because these last two weeks have been crazy, one is from Sunday when we went to a small town called Valley of the Angels, there is an Adventist Hospital there and we got to visit it. Another one is of my 7th graders and I and the one of Sasha and I is from today at the base. This one is of me playing a violin that we found at some store. It was pretty cool so I took a picture of it!
Another interesting story is we went over to one of our friends houses and we watched Honduras play Mexico. As you can tell, we are very decked out and ready to cheer on the "home" team. We are hoping that in February the US will play Honduras... although our loyalties will be divided when that comes around, we will thoroughly enjoy ourselves!
I hope you all have a VERY HAPPY Thanksgiving! To all my fam- I miss you, I wish I were there, but I'm not, SO EAT UP! =)

1 comment:

TaraB said...

I hear that everyone is going to Chris and Vanessa's for Thanksgiving this break. I wish that we were BOTH going to be there. Thanksgiving is awfully different when you don't have your family around. But we've got NEW family...right Kan?

I love you my dear. It sounds like you are doing amazing things.

Happy Thankgiving love!!