Thursday, October 16, 2008

Rain Rain Rain


It's raining! it has been raining for the past 36 hours... STRAIGHT! We are crossing our fingers that tomorrow will be a "rain day"... yes that's right... they don't have SNOW days.. But the river is flooding so if it rains all night, then we might not have school tomorrow. We're all crossing our fingers... It's been a long week. BUT I HAVE A STORY! Today I was in the middle of 2nd grade math and my kids started going crazy. i couldn't understand why though because THAT class is normally pretty good. My classroom is right next to the front entrance and I looked out and noticed a white guy with long hair. WOW A WHITE GUY I thought to myself... I asked my kids who it was, since they obviously thought he was some kind of celebrity and they all chanted in unison "It's Diduch!!!" Ok... i thought to myself... weird name.
It turns out he is a soccer player from Argentina that played for the Comayagua team but got injured so he hasn't been here for a while. His little boy attended our school when he was here before and now I gues she is starting back at our school on Monday. A FAMOUS KID! Super cute blonde kid. Oh yes, and funny thing, you see a Gringo (white man) and assume they know English... bahahaha.... he didn't speak any English.
So that is my story for today... I hope you enjoyed. =)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Kandice,

I just found your blog! It all sounds very familiar. I think of you often, now I can read about all that you do! I am so jealous that you got to go to that park. We wanted to go while we were there, but there just wasn't enough time to do everything. Take care, we are praying for you.

TaraB said...

Kandy Land! I'm so excited that I found your BLOG! Let's be blog buddies...pllleeeaaassee!

I am stoked to read about all your adventures. I'm sure that God is doing some great things through you over there. You are incredible Kan.

P.S. I love you.

(By the way that's the saddest movie ever.)

Jared Anderson said...

hey kan!
you keep doing your loving thing and we'll all keep loving you! i miss you like..... well there's nothing else that compares (i actually did think of it for a second) maybe like God misses perfect harmony with humanity, probably not that much though, i bet that's a lot. don't forget to make your life movie-like, dance to music, hug the beggars, hold your hands to the sky and imagine the sky "rolling away like a scroll." that day will be so exciting, even more exciting than the day i see you again! lol, this is funny, i didn't even read your whole blog thing, i'll do that later! i miss you kan! bye!