Sunday, October 26, 2008

CLEAN UP ON AISLE 9!





Well, we got to go help people. We set out to walk around and find some people to help and stumbled upon a girl who went to our school! We were so excited! We got right in there and started shoveling mud out the door. It was so awful to see the houses wrecked but it felt so good to help them. I was sweeping mud and all the sudden I saw something move! I yelled "STOP!" I picked it up and it was a little turtle. I was going to keep it and it ended up being the little girls pet! I WAS SO HAPPY! I SAVED HER PET TURTLE! The girl offered it to me but of course I declined. Heidi told me that the father was telling her in Spanish that she should give it to me because we helped her. So luckily for Heidi's stunning Spanish skills I didn't take the turtle.
We prayed with the man when we were done and he was really appreciative. This was the 2nd time that they had to clean out the mud from their house so I can imagine it was getting really tiring! Anyway, it was a good day, we felt like we actually got to do something that we could SEE the difference! It was sweet!

1 comment:

TaraB said...

Kandy! You are so Handy Dandy!