Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Here We Go... One more Time...


BAHAHA! Today is another day at school. A very good day actually. I will write and tell you about my not so good day though. On Friday was Parent Teacher conferences. In the short version, it wasn´t so wonderful. I was sitting in the room and parents start coming in and so I am surrounded by 10 parents. All of which are very angry that their kids aren´t doing better... which I can understand...but in order to do well in school, you must do your homework, WHAT A NOVEL IDEA! Anyway, so I guess culture shock set in a little..... Today is Tuesday and It is a good day! My kids are listening, and they are actually learning something! YAY! I AM ACTUALLY GETTING THROUGH TO THEM! Well... at least I THINK I am! College is back in full swing, I´m sorry for those of you who are in school. I am too if it makes you feel any better... and to compare GOING to school and TEACHING school.... I might have to say that Teaching is just as difficult if not more. But in completely different ways. We have spent some time checking out the MASK. We are all still a part of it, so don´t forget to look us up!
Have a wonderful day! Keep PRAYING! Stay Tuned....

2 comments:

Tina said...

Kan, it's so good to hear from you, it definately made my day reading that comment from you! Tell me your ideas about teaching. I need some tips! I know you are doing a great job. It was so weird being in walla walla without you and seeing Kate move in... so sad! But I know you are having a once in a lifetime experience! We are leaving next Wednesday! I can't wait. I hope we can keep in touch! Whats your email address? Love you lots and thank you SO much for you comment. I enjoyed it more than you think!

Unknown said...

Man I remember the first teacher conference day! It was crazy...lets just say I left in tears and was crying in miss normas office! Keep up the good work though...it really does get better as you get used to the system!

Mucho Amor
Mindy Smith (3rd grade teacher at Maranatha last year)