Tuesday, September 9, 2008

WEEK TWO!


So here I am, I have survived one full week of school and I am now on Day two of my second week. The kids have finally stopped screaming because basically I yell enough for the both of us. Most of the time I can´t hear myself think. But today and yesterday have been much better. My week only gets harder though. We are hoping to go to a national park this weekend. We´d like to get away. The city is ok, but we are surrounded my mountains which seem JUST out of our reach. We want to get away for a while. This Sunday will be a month since we´ve been gone. It seems slow, but also the days go by so fast. I Hope that youare keeping us in your prayers. We need prayer. An interesting story.... Ï don´t know. I can´t really think of one right now. Oh, yes, here´s one. The other day one of my 7th graders was dancing and wouldn´t sit down so I finally stopped teaching, looked at him and held my hands over my eyes saying ¨STOP DANCING, YOU ARE HURTING MY EYES.... WATCHING YOU TRY AND DANCE!¨Little to say the kid stopped dancing. Sometimes you have to be straight foreward. It´s crazy how awful they write down here. But I enjoy giving my 7th graders a journal question everyday and I get to TRY and read their responses. They tell me about how mean the other kids are and how they feel bad about it. It´s sad but I feel like maybe I can start to reach one of them.. If all I do is reach ONE kid... then I´m happy... I pray that God will give me the chance...

2 comments:

Melissa R said...

I am praying hard for you guys. I'm so proud of you. I love and miss you.

Tina said...

Kan, I bet you are the best teacher. I will definately need some tips. It sounds you are awesome and I bet the kids love you! You are in my thoughts and prayers everyday! I love you and miss you! We leave for India in a couple weeks! :)