Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I made it here alive and I´m safe and sound! We had a storm last night which was so cool! It rains buckets here! They call it hombre rain because it is huge drops. We have been in orientation to try and learn h ow to teach. I still don´t know how. God is with us and it has been so much fun to have our own little house which we have killed a total of 13 cockroaches at this point. I love them. Not. We all need prayers as we are figuring out what we are teaching and trying to plan lesson plans. We really have no idea what we are doing. I´m so excited to see what God has in store for me. I´m trying to see why I was picked to do this job because I feel so completely inadequate. I am. But I know that with God I can become a little more adequate. I can´t explain how weird it is to think about 10 months. That is a long time. I can do it. God will help me. Please keep us all in your prayers... Heidi, Sasha, Bethani, Kristin, Kayla, Andrea. We need prayers big time. Have a good day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Kandice,
You are such an amazing girl with so much joy and love to spread to others, you are giong to do great as a teacher and mentor. Kids will love you as much as we do here back home. Keep your chin up always and remember God is always there for you... We are always thinking of you back home, have fun and make lots of memories...
Love Teresa

Melissa R said...

Prayers are poured out for you.
I don't have a doubt in my mind that God will use you in incredible ways. You are going to be WONDERFUL and your impact will most certainly be eternal. I love you, Darling.

Ness said...

You rock sista! I will try to get some stickers and pics in the mail next week. I will be at the cabin this weekend. Miss you and let me know how it goes when you start teaching. Loves...