Friday, April 17, 2009

So close, yet so far.....

Well, I'll be honest, I am pretty exhausted and I find myself thinking about home more and more. I skyped a lot of people who were at my house and it was awesome to see them, but for some reason I left with a sadness. I can't really identify what's going on, maybe I actually have "homesickness" could it be? I'm not sure. This week was rather difficult, even though it was only four days long, it was still hard. The kids were just coming back from a break and it was clear that they didn't want to be back, which I do understand. Seventh grade was particularly bad and they WOULD not stop talking. NOTHING I said made a difference. It was frustrating to say the least. Today we had a little talk.... but only time will tell if it made a differences. The race goes on though. I am coming home in less than two months now. It seems like it should be close. But I feel like I'm climbing a mountain and each ledge I get to only makes the peak seem farther away. Did I make a difference this year? What will I leave them with? How will they remember me? The questions flood my mind....I'm tired. I'm exhausted. But my love for these kids hasn't decreased. One thing I have really discovered recently is that God always gives me strength. ALWAYS. I don't feel like he has let me down once. There were times this week when I felt like I would get on the next flight out. But I would never do that, I would never leave my job unfinished, I'm not done loving my kids yet. I hope they see my love, more importantly, I hope they see God's love.
The time will fly and I will wish It hadn't. I know this. Here are some videos I took after God and i decided that today was going to be a good day.
My kids are adorable, you'll love them too, I PROMISE. =)

No comments: